P-Snow 1: Practice lesson slippery road :
Driving in a snowy landscape on a slippery road in a rural area with traffic. The following aspects are stressed:
- Drive off in second gear.
- Drive slowly and in high gear.
- Use engine braking as much as possible instead of pedal braking.
- Brake gently and slow down in time, avoid strong deceleration’s.
- Increase headway.
- Anticipate far in advance.
Because the engine stalls more easily and the tires loose their grip sooner, vehicle control is more difficult.